Video File Read Error

Jen5678

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
I am trying to burn a few video clips in DVD Studio Pro, I have done this once before but I can't remember how I did it.

I am trying to BUILD the VIDEO_TS folder so I can compress it to fit onto a 4.7 DVD. I keep getting a Video File Read Error.

Am I going about this the right way? Is there a way to compress it right in the DVDSP????? :confused:

Please Help

Thanks.....

Jen

Jen5678

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
Hey,

I read the link, I did what it said but I am still getting the

Video File Read Error

at the beggining of it muxing the first track, it gets through all the menus fine its just when it starts the track.

I am using DVD Studio Pro 3

Thanks......

Jen5678

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
I'm sorry for being a pain but I'm getting frustrated that I can't figure this out. PLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEEEEE any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jen

dausone

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2005
Video File Read Error - cured!

Jen5678 said:
I'm sorry for being a pain but I'm getting frustrated that I can't figure this out. PLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEEEEE any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jen

So the problem for me was the original source video file made in FCP. It was a little squirrly as I had used pieces of old QT movie files that had transitions in it with other transitions applied under and over it...

Long story short here is how I trouble shooted since I had a DVDSP menu with many chapters, tracks, stories and many mpeg 2 files.

I made a new menu with only one track. Imported all my mpeg 2 files that were being used and tested them one by one by building a very small dvd project. Testing of all files led me to the exact mpeg 2 file that was creating the problems. I then went back into FCP, assesed the damage redoing the movie completely, reencoded with Compressor, imported into DVDSP and viola!

Its a drag but it sure beats starting over from scratch and thinking that you have to reencode every video again!! whew!!

tomthemac

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2007
Hey,

I read the link, I did what it said but I am still getting the

Video File Read Error

at the beggining of it muxing the first track, it gets through all the menus fine its just when it starts the track.

I am using DVD Studio Pro 3

Thanks......

I was having the same problem recently. Turns out I had too many files on one track. Try splitting it in two. This solved the problem for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.