Video File sound is high pitched...

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jyhash, Mar 3, 2010.

1. jyhash macrumors newbie

jyhash

I got some video files from a friend who said he was having trouble with the sound, and I was able to notice that the audio in the video files is higher pitched than it aught to be. It's not so high that it's immediately noticeable, but listening to the same characters in other footage, it is noticeable that the pitch needs to be lowered ever so slightly. But unfortunately, I'm not sure how to change this. Can it be changed with Handbrake, or is there a simpler/other program to lower the pitch of the audio and save that to the preexisting file? Is this an easy task or a monumental undertaking that we should just leave alone? The files are simple AVI files, but I'm not sure what they were originally encoded with.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,

JYH

2. Seo macrumors regular

The frame rate was probably interpreted incorrectly and the footage sped up. As a result, so was the audio. If you don't have access to the original files, best thing you can do is to alter the pitch. How much you have to alter it by depends on how off it is, which you can't calculate without the project files. I best thing you can do without the original files is to guesstimate it.