Video Files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pyrotechnic, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Pyrotechnic macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

I have a Lacie LaCinema Classic Multimedia Hard Disc that I use to store video files I have collected over the years. The files I drop onto it are usually in the format of AVI.

However, I am having great difficulty in converting certain other files into AVI. I have tried Handbrake, but this only allows mp4 or mkv files to be used as output. I have tried them both but when dropped onto my HD, they come up as unsupported.

Having looked at the spec of my Multimedia HD, it says that compatible files are MPEG-4(AVI), Xvid, DivX (3.11,4.x,5.x,6.x)

My question is, how do I convert my video files to meet the above spec and play on my Multimedia HD.

I have looked at iskysoft, but having browsed here, I believe they are a company of spammers and not to be trusted, certainly were payment is concerned. ?

Any advice greatly appreciated. I have no objection to purchasing software if it will do what I need.

2. Pyrotechnic thread starter macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

Can anyone help on this one, I am keen to resolve the issue if possible?

3. jackerin macrumors 6502a

4. Pyrotechnic thread starter macrumors 6502

Pyrotechnic

OK, I will try to see if I can get one.

Seems a pity I have to use older software to complete a task. Surely this is something that is a common thing to do, I cant be the only one in this community ?

5. Jon-Luke macrumors 6502

Jon-Luke

Try get you hands on a copy of Visual Hub they used to be a great video file conversion program and it was freeware there should be copies of the program lurking on the net some where - it's a shame they closed shop!

6. mooblie macrumors 6502

mooblie

Visual Hub transmogrified into VideoMonkey and that is still being maintained currently.