Video glitches on MBP "Classic" mid-2012

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Diogene, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Diogene, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

Diogene macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I’ve got some video glitches on my 15' MacBook Pro « classic » (NO Retina) mid-2012 w/ Yosemite. (2.6 Ghz w/ Nvidia Geforce GT 650M)

When I’m launching an application like Safari, Lightroom or Illustrator, the application (I mean not ALL the screen, just the screen application itself..) turn red or green (or a little bit of both) for a fraction a second. It happen twice a week..

I guess it’s pretty bad, I cannot find any persons with the same issues.. Does it sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks!

2. Jozone macrumors 6502

I have this same machine and have not experienced this issue - when it happens do you have a sense of if you're using the integrated or discrete graphics?

3. Diogene thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your feedback Jozone, I appreciate!

I’m not 100% sure, but I guess Adobe product use the NVidia GPU, with safari it’s happening on really complex website (I mean visually, I’m a graphic designer ;-)) with a lot of webGL, parallax stuff, etc.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll install gfxCardStatus and let you know if I can find something.

4. Jozone macrumors 6502

Not a problem :) And if this machine is still under warranty, it might be worth bringing to an AASP before expiration.

5. Diogene thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Jozone, I still have one year of warranty (applecare), I'll try to stress out my mac to make it more
    reproducible in my Apple Store, since it not happen very often..

6. Jozone macrumors 6502

Sounds good - based on how intermittent it is, it seems like its likely to just be an issue with the OS, so fingers crossed, no repairs will be needed :)