Video has blanked out twice

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by biosol, Jan 20, 2014.

1. biosol macrumors newbie

I haven't seen this before. Had the late 2012 mid mini for almost a year now.

I was using it for a little while tonight and then all of a sudden the monitor went blank, the system was still running (i had a iheart radio station going and it was still playing). the monitor went to sleep.

I hard power cycled the system a couple times. The video came back and then did it again, only this time the video has now returned.

Is this the infamous, black out that many complained about before? If not any suggestions on if anything is happening?

TIA

2. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

I got my 2012 about 3 weeks ago and it is common every few days.

Generally I unplug the monitor, plug back in, fine. Horrible solution but works. There was one time it wouldn't go, so I had to restart. Usually it happens in sleep mode, so it comes back, flashes a screen for .5 seconds, then black forever.

Ridiculous problem to have.

3. biosol thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have noticed an issue after putting the system to sleep that the monitor doesn't wake up. When I want to use that I just turn the monitor off and then on and it's good to go. Not a big deal. This occurred while the system was running.

The only possible factor is I hadn't used it in 3 days over the weekend. But now it seems to be back to normal. Maybe it just wants to be used everyday... :)