Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I‘m with Eagle Fang Dojo so yeaah dude come get some

c571ce15b5a8f04e995a91587a503174.jpg

mpetrides

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
Once I finally found a link to download the CapturePro app via TestFlight, the setup was a piece of cake and within seconds, my PS 5 was showing up on my the screen of my 2018 iPad Pro 12.9” (not M-series). Alas, even just playing Diablo II Resurrected—hardly a demanding game by any means—I was getting unacceptable amounts of video tearing every time I tried to move my character. Does anybody know whether there would be less tearing if I were using an M1 or M2 iPad Pro?

bass.wav

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2023
A capture "card" is something like a BlackMagicDesign Decklink or Aja Kona. Anything external is a capture device.
Just like how an integrated GPU (aka inside any Apple Silicon chip) is not a graphics card.

Reactions: SpringKid

BP9906

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2009
I'll use this with NUCs that I work on as my iPad is always near me and this is easier than pulling out a portable monitor and having to put something else on my desk. I will also like to use it on the go when using my NES retro game box. I don't think any lag will be enough to matter on those old games.
Exactly! iPad for portable monitor. I have a device similar to NUC and as an IT pro, a monitor like this would be awesome for convenience getting to console into a device.

nottorp

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2014
Romania
Samsung tablets have been doing it for ages. I use my Galaxy tab as a portable HDMI display with a video capture dongle. This is just Apple’s shortcoming.
Umm wait. You use "a video capture dongle". Doesn't that mean, just like for Apple, that the hardware doesn't support it?

bingeciren

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2011
Umm wait. You use "a video capture dongle". Doesn't that mean, just like for Apple, that the hardware doesn't support it?
Well, as far as I know, iPads don’t support video input, be it through USB-C or Lightning. What I mean by video capture dongle is a $40 little device with HDMI input and a USB output. Of course I run a simple App on the tablet to be able to see the video as well.

OferJ

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2017
Would be nice to acquire Nintendo OR release Nintendo games (not latest) only on Mac.
There's no way this would happen. Nintendo is doing quiet well financially and has no reason to court a buyout by a foreign company.

Reactions: Razorpit

StyxMaker

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2010
Inside my head.
Or you wait until the EU & others force apple to allow sideloading, then just play all your favourite emulators directly on the iPad with no input lag!

To be honest I would love that tablet manufacturers be forced to enable a target display mode for their usb c devices. This is such a gigantic waste of screen space not to have it.

I really don’t like the idea of governments mandating technology. Once that starts it will be far easier to force backdoors on everything.

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
For some reason I don’t see it listed. Can you share a link by chance?
Try this one?

Cool thing is it also works with my visualiser. A bit funny plugging one into my iPad after years of using my iPad as a visualiser. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.