Video I found: What if Google bought Apple?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by DavidAijai, Feb 18, 2009.

1. DavidAijai macrumors newbie

Seaching the web today and found this video. Just wanted to share, we all know this won't happen but it is a good way to get some peoples ideas and see what people think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgtQ7iI5qFs

(This guy is kinda annoying)

2. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

Thats actually pretty good. I have to agree that sometimes it seems that when you are in the Apple Store, the employees sometimes act like you have never used a Mac before. (even if you know more than they do)

Thats movie is pretty interesting if you watch the whole thing.

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

A bad purchase for both parties

Apple and Google are kinda going different ways.

Apple likes a closed source ecosystem
    Google is a bit more open with it

Both work, but buying Apple would mean google has to open up its systems, if it really wants to mix the companies.

This guy seems to think google would just buy Apple to make money,and basically leave it be...why bother? Google has money. Also the lack of knowledge about what Google is doing, it seems a bit silly to even comment on it, even for "fun"

4. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

Yeah, its a good video but its the last thing that would ever happen.

I actually see that one day, they could actually find a path heading in the same direction. Google is mainly software, and I think now is probably creating its own OS. This could one day lead to the idea that they might want to start making their own hardware. Google would probably never start with hardware, but its a pretty cool thing to think about.

5. DavidAijai thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree the movie is pretty good. My 2 cents is Apple and Google may have more things in common than many think. I liked the fact about the Apple store as well. He hit that point right on the head.( god does'nt that annoy me):confused::confused:

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Never happen; water and oil, night and day, and Barry Bonds and the Hall of Fame...:p

7. mlts22 macrumors 6502a

One thing both Apple and Google have in common is good PR. Neither is perfect, but both are looked at in a positive light by a lot of the Internet community.

It would be interesting to see an Apple/Google merger. It would give Google a hardware platform and an OS. It would almost allow for a complete one stop shop, from the hardware on up, to the apps and the cloud used for storage (assuming the gDrive rumors are substantiated.)

8. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

This would be a tradgedy.

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

At least this guy admits this is just a silly speculation for mind-game purposes, which is more than you get from most tech journalists.

10. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Google's and Apple's stock would further plummet. :D