Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dfnj123

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2007
New York, New York
Just watch your whole video... good to know the bumber works well with skins...

I'm just stuck right now on which skin to get... not to change the topic of this thread, but does anyone have an opinion between the Zagg Invisible Shield, Wrapsol Ultra, and any other brands?

iphone4black

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010

I'm just stuck right now on which skin to get... not to change the topic of this thread, but does anyone have an opinion between the Zagg Invisible Shield, Wrapsol Ultra, and any other brands?

I was in your same position last night, but decided to go with wrapsol ultra.
Not only does it protect from scratches, but also from some drops.
It hasn't shipped yet, but I'm sure I made the right decision.

I'll purchase the bumper as well, which will make it reallllly protected.

Btw nice video!:apple:

Kingpierce34

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2010

The bumper works great with skins, and doesnt "dig under" the skin when you put it on, definitely a plus. But I think you really have to make sure the skin is installed close to perfect to avoid the bumper case doing that.

I was in your same position last night, but decided to go with wrapsol ultra.
Not only does it protect from scratches, but also from some drops.
It hasn't shipped yet, but I'm sure I made the right decision.

I'll purchase the bumper as well, which will make it reallllly protected.

Btw nice video!:apple:

Thanks buddy! The bumper and any skin really, even the Wrapsol, which ive heard great things about, is definitely a good combo!!

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Makes me a happy person.

Sad thing is, I will receive my Wrapsol before my white bumper and will receive my white bumper before my white iPhone 4. *sigh*

Here's to waiting!

iphone4black

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
Makes me a happy person.

Sad thing is, I will receive my Wrapsol before my white bumper and will receive my white bumper before my white iPhone 4. *sigh*

Here's to waiting!

HAHA same as me! We are in this together!

But I ordered mine on the 15th, and AT&T F'ed it up. it now says I ordered on the 17th, which I guess means I'm getting it in July :(

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
HAHA same as me! We are in this together!

But I ordered mine on the 15th, and AT&T F'ed it up. it now says I ordered on the 17th, which I guess means I'm getting it in July :(

Hehehehe. I preordered mine at Best Buy. I really have no idea when they'll get it. I don't think they have a clue either!

Greeney03

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Good review man! I think I'm gonna go with the bumper and invisible shield!

Question: Did Best Buy Charge you for installation?

Kingpierce34

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2010
Good review man! I think I'm gonna go with the bumper and invisible shield!

Question: Did Best Buy Charge you for installation?

Thanks buddy! Definitely happy with this combo.

Yes they charge $7.99 for the front or $12.99 for full install..but if you buy the skin there and installation, they take 20% off.

Greeney03

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Thanks buddy! Definitely happy with this combo.

Yes they charge $7.99 for the front or $12.99 for full install..but if you buy the skin there and installation, they take 20% off.

I'll take the 20% off... I really don't want to mess up my iphone hah!

Also, what can you tell about the clarity?

ryanmcv

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the video! This looks like an awesome combo. Do all Best Buys offer installation? I might consider doing this tomorrow.

Kingpierce34

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 22, 2010
I'll take the 20% off... I really don't want to mess up my iphone hah!

Also, what can you tell about the clarity?

Yep, definitely worth the price to have someone do all the messy work!

Clarity is fine, though others may disagree. I have to stress that I've been using IS for a couple years now, so maybe the orange peel effect really has zero effect on my eyes, but looking at the screen looks perfect to me. But definitely look at some other videos or pictures of the screen with the shield on, especially some high-res shots that can show you exactly what it looks like. But thumbs up for me!

Greeney03

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Yep, definitely worth the price to have someone do all the messy work!

Clarity is fine, though others may disagree. I have to stress that I've been using IS for a couple years now, so maybe the orange peel effect really has zero effect on my eyes, but looking at the screen looks perfect to me. But definitely look at some other videos or pictures of the screen with the shield on, especially some high-res shots that can show you exactly what it looks like. But thumbs up for me!

Thanks for the feedback man..I might try this, then go for power support after..

sm2teach

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2008
Texas
Makes me a happy person.

Here's to waiting!

I'm in this exact same boat. At least I can do a little accessory shopping while waiting to order the white iPhone 4. I read the reviews on the bumper and was thinking about getting the white bumper with the white iPhone, but I'm wondering if the rubber parts will show dirt. Any opinions on this?

Trying to decide between the white or the black. I might end up deciding on orange or green. I have already ordered the Wrapsol Ultra.

SgtX8188

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2010
Got my invisible shield on today

How long after you add your shield can you put the bumper back on. The guy at best buy said that if I put it on right away or put it in my pocket the slip is gonna come off..

SgtX8188

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2010
You bought it at Best Buy? Man, you must be rich!

$10 less on ebay (and still a rip-off).

Who says I didn't buy it on ebay? I just went to best buy to have them tell me how long to wait!!! don't assume my friend :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.