Video Impressions: Bumper + Zagg Invisible Shield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Kingpierce34, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Kingpierce34 macrumors member

Nothing too special. Sorry the camera doesnt autofocus when i bring the subjects closer to the lens =/

Feel free to ask me any questions, or just leave comments on the vid. Ill answer them as best I can!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqOm1R1_h5s

2. Phenomkickz macrumors member

3. Kingpierce34 thread starter macrumors member

You sure mate? As soon as I linked it, the video hits started matching up with the views of this thread. And worked for me. Maybe try a different browser or restart the browser?

4. dfnj123 macrumors 6502a

Just watch your whole video... good to know the bumber works well with skins...

I'm just stuck right now on which skin to get... not to change the topic of this thread, but does anyone have an opinion between the Zagg Invisible Shield, Wrapsol Ultra, and any other brands?

5. iphone4black macrumors member

I was in your same position last night, but decided to go with wrapsol ultra.
    Not only does it protect from scratches, but also from some drops.
    It hasn't shipped yet, but I'm sure I made the right decision.

I'll purchase the bumper as well, which will make it reallllly protected.

Btw nice video!:apple:

6. Kingpierce34 thread starter macrumors member

The bumper works great with skins, and doesnt "dig under" the skin when you put it on, definitely a plus. But I think you really have to make sure the skin is installed close to perfect to avoid the bumper case doing that.

Thanks buddy! The bumper and any skin really, even the Wrapsol, which ive heard great things about, is definitely a good combo!!

7. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Makes me a happy person.

Sad thing is, I will receive my Wrapsol before my white bumper and will receive my white bumper before my white iPhone 4. *sigh*

Here's to waiting!

8. iphone4black macrumors member

HAHA same as me! We are in this together!

But I ordered mine on the 15th, and AT&T F'ed it up. it now says I ordered on the 17th, which I guess means I'm getting it in July :(

9. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Hehehehe. I preordered mine at Best Buy. I really have no idea when they'll get it. I don't think they have a clue either!

10. Greeney03 macrumors member

Good review man! I think I'm gonna go with the bumper and invisible shield!

Question: Did Best Buy Charge you for installation?

11. Kingpierce34 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks buddy! Definitely happy with this combo.

Yes they charge $7.99 for the front or $12.99 for full install..but if you buy the skin there and installation, they take 20% off.

12. Greeney03 macrumors member

I'll take the 20% off... I really don't want to mess up my iphone hah!

Also, what can you tell about the clarity?

13. ryanmcv macrumors 6502a

ryanmcv

Thanks for the video! This looks like an awesome combo. Do all Best Buys offer installation? I might consider doing this tomorrow.

14. Kingpierce34 thread starter macrumors member

Yep, definitely worth the price to have someone do all the messy work!

Clarity is fine, though others may disagree. I have to stress that I've been using IS for a couple years now, so maybe the orange peel effect really has zero effect on my eyes, but looking at the screen looks perfect to me. But definitely look at some other videos or pictures of the screen with the shield on, especially some high-res shots that can show you exactly what it looks like. But thumbs up for me!

15. Greeney03 macrumors member

Thanks for the feedback man..I might try this, then go for power support after..

16. sm2teach macrumors newbie

I'm in this exact same boat. At least I can do a little accessory shopping while waiting to order the white iPhone 4. I read the reviews on the bumper and was thinking about getting the white bumper with the white iPhone, but I'm wondering if the rubber parts will show dirt. Any opinions on this?

Trying to decide between the white or the black. I might end up deciding on orange or green. I have already ordered the Wrapsol Ultra.

17. SgtX8188 macrumors newbie

18. SgtX8188 macrumors newbie

Got my invisible shield on today

How long after you add your shield can you put the bumper back on. The guy at best buy said that if I put it on right away or put it in my pocket the slip is gonna come off..

19. Jusfer macrumors member

You bought it at Best Buy? Man, you must be rich!

$10 less on ebay (and still a rip-off).

20. SgtX8188 macrumors newbie

Who says I didn't buy it on ebay? I just went to best buy to have them tell me how long to wait!!! don't assume my friend :D