Video in June

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joeshell383, Apr 2, 2009.

1. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

This may be very obvious, but by using contextual clues we can deduce and confirm that the next iPhone (hardware and/or software) will feature video recording.

Why?

At the 3.0 preview event, MMS was specifically defined as being allowed to send one of four multimedia items: contacts, locations, audio, and photos. No mention of video at all, not even during the recap.

Users are reporting that they have received video MMS messages.

If the iPhone is only going to be able to receive video messages, it would have been announced as a part of the MMS segment at the preview event. It was not, so it is 100% safe to expect a formal video announcement with recording, sending, and receiving at the release of the next generation hardware and/or final version of 3.0.

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/7A259g Safari/525.20)

It'll come with hardware only, no firmware update for existing phones. Otherwise they won't get people to buy the new phone :p

3. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

Did you figure this out all by yourself?

Here, have your cookie. Good boy!/Smart ass Joke

Yeah, It's hopefully coming :)

4. aok1975 macrumors 6502

why would you expect video recording in June, after all when they announced 3.0 they would have talked about it. We all know that the iphone was capable of video recording from day 1, and that it's apple that is restricting it. You so t see video in June because apple doesn't want it. Save youself some time and stop making up theories in your head, you don't have video because apple said so.

5. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

I agree, I've been saying this for a while. I can see a 32GB version too, maybe...