VIDEO: iPad App Store in Action!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hard-Hat-Mac, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Hard-Hat-Mac macrumors regular

2. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Prices are pretty steep for iPad apps compared to iPhone. I know that there is more work for developers to make an iPad app.... but 4 or 5 times the iPhone cost is not going to sell well. When an iPhone app costs $1 or $2, the iPad version shouldn't be $10.

3. flyguy206 macrumors 6502a

People need to stop comparing the ipad to the iphone/touch. The ipad is not the iphone.

4. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

iPad app store interface looks very nice.

I wonder how well the iPad apps -- since they seem to be more expensive -- will sell?

5. IronLogik macrumors 6502

Don't rush out and buy the apps. Odds are we'll see them return to earth's atmosphere after the initial excitement factor ends in a few months. Only buy the ones you absolutely need or want and can't wait for.

6. JoshJosh117 macrumors 6502

7. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

How are people getting their hands on the app store?

8. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

Maybe through the SDK?

9. LadyHoneyBabe macrumors 6502

Was that the desktop version of the app store? I noticed a mouse pointer.

10. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

^^

11. amorya macrumors 6502

When the iPhone app store was released, many developers were shocked that the public expected to pay so much less for iPhone apps than Mac apps. While some iPhone apps are quicker to create than Mac apps, a $3 iPhone app is not ten times quicker to create than a $30 Mac app. The difference was in perceived value in the minds of the general public: a device with a smaller physical size led to the perception that its software should be cheaper.

The iPad is a much larger device, closer in size to many laptops than it is to the iPhone. By that metric, the prices should be more in line with desktop software.

12. SebZen macrumors 6502

I don't know, I really hate the Brushes dev. Looking at that video, it has NOTHING the iPhone version doesn't have. No new brushes or features that I could see, and nothing in the description to indicate otherwise.

He just added a bigger canvas to fit the screen and upped the price.

Son of a biscuit

13. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

By that logic, using the video output cable to hook up the iPad to a 42" lcd tv should result in the app you are using to cost $400.