VIDEO - iPhone 4 with NO Signal Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jonmurgie, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Jonmurgie macrumors member

Right, just finished uploading a signal test video to YouTube showing an iPhone 4 (mine) with NO signal issue at all... they way everyone is talking about it it seems like it's every phone and those with problems are swamping those without.

Anyhow, make of it what you will but here's my proof that it's not all iPhone 4's:

[​IMG]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnQcvm9in4o&hd=1

I'm not trying to belittle the "issue" here but if it really is a hardware fault then it should be happening to everyone, no?

2. supremeMilo macrumors member

3. Jonmurgie thread starter macrumors member

Would be news to me if I were... checked this out at 2 locations so far, no issue :)

4. thrust macrumors member

sry but i think you miss the point of how and why this is happening!?

the phone drops about 30% signal when hend in the left hand if your in a poor signal area that will cut you off if you do it next to a tower you will not ever see the bars move.

the problem software and also are network providers have to upgrade there systems more to keep upto date with the new phones out imo, allmost every new smartphone out has a problem with signal.

years ago signal was not a problem because the phones where so basic all they had where talk and text.

5. Jonmurgie thread starter macrumors member

I disagree, naturally.

I agreed, what you say here makes perfect sense to me which is a reason I posted my video as I think it's not just an iPhone 4 "issue" those who appear to have signal issues. :)

6. thrust macrumors member

well i not have the problem bad, but i did make it happen when i phoned my wife and she said it started to crackle and could not hear me now that i have a bumper on it no longer happens!

i do really hope it is a software problem because people have tried to ring me and it has went straight to answer phone when i was not using the phone which is a problem with signal.

fingers crossed that software will fix it!

7. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

"This video is invalid because it contradicts my opinion"
    :rolleyes:

8. supremeMilo macrumors member

You were still close to a tower or have really dry skin.

In locations I've been this weekend I could make a video for no problem, massive failure, and bars drop but calls don't.

9. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

So if someone doesn't have this problem they're doing something wrong?

This board's full of ****ing idiots, including me for posting.

10. irich25 macrumors regular

if you don't have a problem why bother posting at all?

11. thrust macrumors member

brillant example of someone who has no idea what is going on or why!

we all have the same design and software! which one is the problem?

12. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

These threads are reserved for people with the problem? Why? It's not like you're helping each other and I'm getting in the way. It's just a group therapy session.

13. jb007clone macrumors 6502

jb007clone

14. thrust macrumors member

amazing! two videos that show imho it is a software problems.

tho the second second clip does make me think it could be hardware which is somthin am trying to not see, if it is hardware then the recal will not me good!

right! many years ago i had a pc and the internal 56k modem whould not let black and white play online no matter what i done only fix i did was get a new modem and that fixed the problem, hope this not happen!

15. citrate macrumors 6502

Wow 2 locations? You've covered all angles I see!!

16. irich25 macrumors regular

just saying there isn't really much of a reason compared to someone that actually has a problem

17. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Actual evidence would be if you had a phone that does portray this problem and one that does not portray this problem in the same location.

Since we're dealing with a lot of unknowns with this problem, it is possible that everyone's iPhone 4 in your location will not have an issue. Or, every iPhone 4 in your hand in this location will not have the issue, but in my hand, for example, would.

I'm not saying your phone has the issue or it doesn't have the issue - just that this problem is more complicated than your video or the majority of videos posted and you can't draw a conclusion from one phone.

18. tagy macrumors regular

Hi Jon, Interesting video. Good to see some do not appear to have a problem, here is a video I made showing the problem I have:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFNW7esWzR4

ps recognise your username and other vids from 205gtidrivers a while back, small world!