Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Photography

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
Here's a video I found on Youtube of the first iPhone 6 drop test with official Apple silicon and leather cases! They tested the iPhone 6 with both the official Apple silicon and leather cases, as well as testing the iPhone 5s with official Apple case for comparison. They tested dropping it from pocket height, about 6 feet, and 10 feet, and then from 10 feet with the screen facing the ground.

The results are certainly interesting!

Click Here to Watch the Video Review

Last edited:

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
Very nice! Amazing that they're the best quality and most sleek cases I've ever owned and they're offering this good of protection!

Kinda wish there was an iPhone 6+ in there but oh well.

dvboy

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Very good results,I have a 6 with the leather case,can't see myself dropping it from any distance more than 4 feet.That makes me feel fairly safe.

Photography

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
Very good results,I have a 6 with the leather case,can't see myself dropping it from any distance more than 4 feet.That makes me feel fairly safe.

Agreed! I have the 6+ with the leather case and was worried about the durability of the case and whether it would protect the screen during any potential drops. I went searching around and found this video, which I was very pleased to see the great results from.

dvboy

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
One thing the leather case does well is absorb the energy of the fall.Once it hits the ground there little to no bounce unlike the other cases,the naked phone on another video jumps even more.

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013
The leather case doesn't cover the bottom.. Deal breaker to me.
Yes, I know it's made that way to support accessories

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.