VIDEO: iPhone 8 Prototype?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by X--X, Aug 5, 2017.

1. X--X, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2017

X--X macrumors 6502

Marques Brownlee was showing of an apparent iPhone 8 prototype on his Instagram.

Real or not?

It would definitively be the ugliest iPhone EVER.

Maybe that's just me.

VIDEO: https://streamable.com/6tx0x

[​IMG]

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Those sensors contrasting with the white look terrible. Hopefully These are blended in with an all black notch.

3. JPack macrumors 6502a

JPack

The notch display and bezel design really stand out.

Without the home button, the OLED iPhone quickly loses its identity with a black fascia.

A black bezel may blend in, but it quickly gets lost in a sea of similar looking Android devices. I can see why Apple chose this design.

4. the future macrumors 65816

I'm not sure there will be white bezel versions at all. Actually, I would bet against it. But I'm getting more and more convinced that Apple will indeed EMBRACE THE NOTCH.

5. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

6. Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

It's definitely not the prettiest iPhone ever, but I would say it's about the same as the 7 but with a new oddly placed notch on the front top lol.

The white screen protector isn't real.

7. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

I always get my phones in White, and the white front always looked good IMO, but that looks terrible.

8. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

And I alone think it's adorable and want to hug it. I guess that means it has a fascia only a mother could love. :p

I think it's very :apple: Did Jony pick this look? He seems to be going for cute and companionable looks these days. The HomePod looks huggable compared to the tall cold cylinder of Echo or hockey puck of Echo Dot or the thing Google made that looks like an outdoor bug repellent candle.

AirPods look funky but very recognizable. In a sea of Apple clones from China, this look stands out. I can't believe Apple found a way to make a flat glass slab look unique again. I'd imagine there's a space gray or black with black front, too.

9. X--X thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess the front will look better in black, but I'm not a fan of the back of the phone either.

[​IMG]

10. Infiniverse48 macrumors 6502a

You actually looked at this and determined that it will have a white bezel. So priceless. Thank you
    --- Post Merged, Aug 5, 2017 ---
    You will be so sad on launch day. That's all I can tell you

11. the future macrumors 65816

No, I won't – because I wouldn't really mind if Apple blends in the notch. You, on the other hand, will probably be furious if Apple embraces it.

12. EmkwanTV macrumors member

EmkwanTV

I got hold of the same device. The white looks way odd and I think apple would probably make all the front of the devices black bezel to fit it with the 'look' of a bezeless device. Tho I agree with you, that notch is here to stay.

13. JPack macrumors 6502a

JPack

I wouldn't waste your time replying to a fool like Infiniverse48.

He's the same guy who believes the OLED iPhone would have a rocker switch as a power button... in an era where Apple is trying to reduce the number of physical buttons. LOL.

The design language for the OLED iPhone revolves around the front and rear cameras. It's all about cameras and using the iPhone as an AR navigator. For Apple to blend in the front cameras and bezel for all models makes sense only to people like Infiniverse48 who have a primitive understanding of design.

14. Infiniverse48 macrumors 6502a

I feel so bad for people who believe the cutout will be proudly shown. The things you've suggested in comments are laughable. You actually think Apple is making the power button longer for left handed people...yikes. You didn't even think hmmm well I guess they could just simply move the button lower for left handed people as opposed to making it longer...hmmm. Nice thinking dude