Video Issues, Quicktime & VLC

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Krebstar, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Krebstar macrumors regular

I'm on a ibook g4, 1GB ram and I'm having some video playing issues.

When playing videos in Quicktime and also VLC I have severe stuttering problems, every couple seconds or so, to the point where you can not watch the video.

Someone suggested I download Perian and drop it in my Quicktime folder, I did that and it worked for a bit, then I still have issues. I also then downloaded the A52 codec for Quicktime, no help at all.

Can anyone suggest anything that will help? The videos I'm trying to watch are soccer matches and I've tried Quicktime, divX and now VLC, several different types of video files. Every once in awhile I watch one and it's fine, but if I pause for too long it starts to stutter again.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Patraman macrumors newbie

Hey man, I'm sorry I can't be of help to you. I'm just taking advantage of this post to ask anyone if they why, for some reason, VLC won't launch.. It just stopped launching after a while... I'm on Tiger, any ideas?

3. Krebstar thread starter macrumors regular

I'm on Tiger and luckily haven't had that problem.

For now, my problem seems to be gone. I'm just using VLC and if there is issues, I just close it and keep trying until there isn't, usually the second time it works fine. Although, recently it's been working the first time.

4. Patraman macrumors newbie

Hey man, well... I did the already classical repair. I deleted preferences file from my library folder and VLC started working fine again. Have you tried that?
    The folder is locadet in /User/Library/Preferences.

Give it a shot!:D

5. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

It sounds like something may be using a lot of processor time in the background. You may want to take a look in Activity Monitor to see if there are any run-away processes or anything that would be slowing the computer down.