Video Kind = TV Show batch formating?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rotarypower101, Sep 28, 2007.

1. rotarypower101 macrumors regular

rotarypower101

Hey guys, looking for a easy solution to the “video kind = movie” batch dilemma for a windows machine?

I have found a few dead ends such as Atomic parsly, which may work if a guy knew how to recode it to accept many files i.e. batch attribute changes

The problem is for those that are not familiar, (which I am assuming many are!) is that iTunes does not allow us to select many files such as a season of a select show without importing them as a “movie” file type. This causes the syncing nature to change and does not allow a playlist to be created in which, as you watch episodes they are removed and others in chronological order are loaded to replace the viewed episodes.

So is there a good way to apply multiple attribute changes for a windows machine to change all imported videos to “TV Show”?

Is there a comparable script that does this for the windows guys like the mac script I have seen floating around?

If there is a thread here I missed please post a link

2. cgray24 macrumors member

Im in the same boat as you, Currently I have to use MetaX on mac to change the files over the network, but its slow and unreliable, and I have tons more TV shows to change.

Hope someone knows of a windows solution

3. rotarypower101 thread starter macrumors regular

rotarypower101

Ya, I cant believe they would leave this feature out for any other reason than to make it intentionally difficult for non iTunes purchases to format correctly.

Its just such a hassle to click each individual file, and wait while it updates just to click next and repeat the process ad infinitum!

This is so aggravating I know there has to be a solution out there somewhere I just havnt found it yet.

Anyone know of a way to do this?

4. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

If you are using a mac just use an iTunes script from Doug's Applescripts. Works great. Batch change to "tv show", the name, season, and what episode to start numbering with.

5. rotarypower101 thread starter macrumors regular

rotarypower101

Say you add ~20 episodes of your favorite show to iTunes, the default formatting makes it a “movie” you then must click into “get info” then click into “video” then click the dropdown box and change the selection from “Movie” to “TV Show” then click next to proceed to the next file 20 individual times just to change the type of file iTunes sees the file as.

There is no foreseeable advantage to this, and I can only make the assumption they did it on purpose to make it more advantageous to buy directly from the store as opposed to getting your files from other means.

BTW this is the mac one for those that care
    http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/scripts01.php?page=1#setvideokindofselected