Video lag all the sudden?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by -Ghost, Jun 8, 2012.

1. -Ghost macrumors newbie

Lately I've been having problems playing Youtube videos at 720p fullscreen. The video just lags every couple seconds, freezes for a couple seconds (audio is still fine though), and then catches up and repeats through the whole video. Even fully buffered and all other applications closed.

I've never had this problem till just a couple days ago and have tried updating Flash, but am apparently up to date (as far as Leopard can be).

The video runs fine at 720p not in fullscreen.
    And fullscreen 720p videos on other sites play perfectly fine.

Ideas?

Edit: Even if I "pop out" the video, set it to 720, and resize it to fill the screen it's fine. This is just a pain and doesn't make sense to me. haha

2. Mister Bumbo macrumors 6502

Does sound like a flash problem (what a shock...), I don't know how to fix it I'm afraid, but I can recommend you to try the HTML5 beta version of youtube so that it uses HTML5 instead of flash, you can toggle between said HTML5 beta version and normal flash via this link: http://www.youtube.com/html5

3. -Ghost thread starter macrumors newbie

Apparently I am already in that "trial". I thought it was just a regular Youtube update. haha

I think I may have fixed the problem though. "Hardware Acceleration" was on, which I thought was off? I have no idea, but it's playing fine right now.

Sorry for the unnecessary thread, I could've sworn I turned that thing off. But I still may be back, might just be a fluke. haha :eek:

4. lostless macrumors 6502

ironically "hardware acceleration" on some video cards doesn't work well on Macs. I had the same issue when I updated to adobes latest flash

5. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

This has just recently started happening to my iMac too, although I've never updated flash or other software before that. I think it might be on youtube's end because I noticed this starting to happen after youtube change the fullscreen animation. (Although it times I get it while watching gomtv or twitch tv, so I don't know for sure)