Video lag under windows

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ShayD, Sep 8, 2009.

1. ShayD macrumors newbie

Hello,

I've bought my first mac (new MBP "13) about 3 weeks ago and since then I had some issues with my video card under windows.

The problem is when I run different games under boot camped windows (XP, Vista, 7 I tried them all - same prob) the game runs smoothly for about 5-10 minutes, then lags for about another 10 mins and then runs smoothly again until I quit it. I tried various games with different gfx settings also with power supply connected and without all giving me the same result.

Any help is appriciated.

Thanks

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

you do have all the drivers installed? if the one from apple has problem, maybe try drivers from card makers?

3. ShayD thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, I have all drivers installed with nothing missing. I also installed the newest Nvidia drivers...

4. Gav Mack macrumors 68020

Gav Mack

Use SMCFan Control in OSX revving the fans up to 4k min then reboot into Windows.

When started quit any apps which use the sound/video functions on startup such as Skype/Live Messenger, Winamp etc. Run taskmgr.exe. Click for all users if available, the process tab and set the processor affinity by right clicking KbdMgr.exe (or Bootcamp.exe for Bootcamp 3.0) to CPU1 only then try your game. If that doesnt' improve it enough try ending the process instead.along with Ituneshelper if Itunes is installed.

5. ShayD thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, Gav smcFanControl seems to have helped.