Video Library?

yg17

macrumors G5
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Does anyone know of any software for OSX thats similar to iTunes, except for video (Divx files mainly)

Thanks

chameeeleon

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2004
Yeah, I've tried two such programs: iFlicks and iVideo. Neither are perfect (yet), but come back in a few versions and the story could be different. iFlicks takes a more iTunes approach, and iVideo takes a more iPhoto approach.

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
Sounds great in principle, but in reality very few people will have enough hard drive space to make full use of these iTunes-esque apps. I know I have issues when it comes to giving up 1GB of HD space for a backed-up DVD...

For the numbers involved, it makes much more sense to just have a folder heirarchy, and labeled DVD-Rs.

yg17

macrumors G5
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
brap said:
Sounds great in principle, but in reality very few people will have enough hard drive space to make full use of these iTunes-esque apps. I know I have issues when it comes to giving up 1GB of HD space for a backed-up DVD...

For the numbers involved, it makes much more sense to just have a folder heirarchy, and labeled DVD-Rs.
I've got 200 gigs of free hard drive space and thats with 7 gigs of movies and 25 gigs of MP3s already ;)

chameeeleon, thanks for the links. They're both great, hard to choose which one to use

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
yg17 said:
I've got 200 gigs of free hard drive space and thats with 7 gigs of movies and 25 gigs of MP3s already ;)
That's the thing, though. iTunes only really comes into its own with libraries of 1000+ songs - 200GB won't get you near to that quantity in movies, and besides, that's 200GB of connected storage which could be used for worthwhile stuff! ;)

If it works for you, cool... just seems a bit, well, weird.

Advance The Man

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2005
How do I play a dvd to the hard drive. It's copying now and has 7.74gb, but it is in two main folders, "AUDIO_TS" AND "VIDEO_TS". How will I play it on the dvd player?

Advance The Man

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2005
RAS admin said:
In the DVD player app. just go to "Open VIDEO_TS Folder" from the file menu. select the folder and press play...
I highlight VIDEO_TS and hit 'choose' and nothing happens. The files within this folder are 'greyed' and you can't select any individual one. ??

Advance The Man

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2005
Advance The Man said:
I highlight VIDEO_TS and hit 'choose' and nothing happens. The files within this folder are 'greyed' and you can't select any individual one. ??
nevermind, I didn't hit 'play' thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.