Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SusieN56

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
I have a website that I designed in Frontpage - I know, time to redo it - big time!

I own the domain and have hosting with the provider.

Currently I have a page with about 25 or so links to videos - these videos are NOT on you tube, but I could upload them if I had to. They are actually on my hosting service.

What I want is a page with a short description of the video, and a link to the video, not a box that shows the video.

This is the existing page http://www.winstondoesagility.com/video agility page.htm

I don't do enough of this to justify Dreamweavers cost, but I do want to be able to change things myself, which rules out have someone else do the page for me.

I am looking at iWeb and at Rapidweaver. I know I need to do the new site from scratch since there is no way to convert what I have, and what I have is years in the making, so I know it is probably bloated.

Any suggestions as to what is my best option?

harpster

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2010
You could take a look at a user friendly CMS like Wordpress or CMS Made Simple something like that. With any web program can link to videos so it's really the design aspect. With a CMS like Wordpress there are many free templates (Themes) so you can focus more on the content.

The other programs you mentioned would be good too and you could make some nice improvements over you existing site quickly and easily. Whatever you choose you will need to spend a little time working with it to get the hang of things so it's nice to have good documentation and support or a help forum to get answers to questions that might come up.

NikMac

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2008
Canada
Yes, WordPress is great and very easy-to-use.

If you plan on building the website yourself, I would strongly recommend an HTML editor (and learning proper XHTML/CSS). You can find some useful lessons here:

http://www.w3schools.com/

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.