Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Every so often, MacRumors videographer Dan Barbera updates his desk with new Mac-centric products that help improve his workflow as he records and edits videos for the site. Dan has just shared a 2022 desk update over on the MacRumors YouTube channel, highlighting all kinds of new desk accessories that you might want to check out for your own setup.

• MX Mechanical Mini Keyboard for Mac ($150) - Designed for Macs, the MX Mechanical Mini Keyboard has a Mac-centric keyboard layout with Tactile Quiet low-profile switches and backlit keys.
  • MX Master 3S Mouse ($100) - The MX Master 3S Mouse has also been designed specifically for the Mac, featuring a MagSpeed Electromagnetic wheel and an adjustable DPI that can be used with high-resolution displays. It can connect to three devices at once.
  • Ugmonk Desk Accessories ($449 for a set) - Ugmonk recently came out with a new collection of desk accessories called "Gather," which includes things like monitor stands and organizers, headphone stands, and shelves for streamlining your desktop. Note that this is a Kickstarter, so back with caution. Products will not arrive until spring 2023.
  • ALTI Wireless Charging Desk Mat ($130) - The ALTI Wireless Charging Desk Mat is a vegan leather and felt desk mat that has a smooth surface for a mouse and then an add-on wireless charger that works with your iPhone and AirPods. Note that this wireless charger has magnetic charging, but it is limited to charging an iPhone at a maximum of 7.5W because it is not an official MagSafe charging solution.
  • Volt 276 ($269) - The Volt 276 audio interface is designed for those who create music, videos, and podcasts. It plugs into a Mac and improves vocals, instruments, and other audio while you record.
  • Loupedeck Live ($269) - The Loupedeck Live is a custom touch screen console that you can program to create quick access buttons for any app. It is designed to be used for live streaming, but shortcuts and macros can be created for any software.
Make sure to watch our video up above to see all of these products in action, and let us know if you have suggestions for other accessories we should check out in a future video.

Article Link: Video: Mac Desktop Accessories Worth Checking Out

Wildkraut

Suspended
Nov 8, 2015
Germany
I have the regular MX Keys and the MX Master 3, shared with my PC and iPP, and cannot speak highly enough about them!
Have them too, the keyboard backlight sucks.
It went on and off all the time, because the display light seems to disturb the proximity sensor of the keyboard.
I had to open the keyboard and unplug the proximity sensor, now it's usable in the dark.

Going back to 3Dconnexion soon.

Logitech Flow also works very bad, often gets stuck on a screen.

Last edited:

Beatrix Kiddo

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2022
Logitech Mac keyboards are a joke. The keyboard layout is simply absurd for a Mac keyboard. If you are looking for a mechanical Mac keyboard Keychron is your answer. At least they are having a fn button on the left side.

Reactions: ratspg

drumcat

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
Otautahi, Aotearoa
I own the MX Mechanical, and in my case the full size option. I've also taken the time to lubricate every switch and stabiliser and add O-rings to the keycaps in order for the noise level to be reasonable and the feel to improve.

The software is pretty good, and I use it daily to jump between the Mac and a work Surface. The star of the show is the Logitech Bolt receiver. It makes this board much more responsive (compared to BT).

If you're the type of person that wants a modded keyboard, you won't be satisfied. The space bar won't fit most keycap sets, and the switches aren't swappable. If you like how it sounds, great. If you find them noisy as I did, get a pot of keyboard grease, pull the caps, and get a brush. Go crazy on "painting" the outsides of the switches and get them lubed, and then get that grease into the stabiliser bars all the way through. You won't have to pull anything apart, and you start to get some good thock that wasn't there, while you eliminate the pingy metallic responses from the long keys.

Happy, but 4 stars only from me because of the work.

Last edited:

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Anybody have experience with that Volt276? Is there more to it than the "vintage" preamp? I've been happy with the Motu M2 which seems more capable at lower price-- no walnut side panels though...

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
Yikes, this is the keyboard’s only review on Logitech’s website. :confused:

A98237A8-91E1-42E0-9496-CBF0924D8AEE.png

Hopefully at least the software issue has been resolved….

drumcat

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
Otautahi, Aotearoa
I don't know of any third-party keyboards that work properly as a fn+shortcut for Mac. Like Globe+N for a new note? Doesn't work on any board. Somehow that seems to be proprietary. I disagree with that review because I have the standard, non-mac MX mechanical full size, and I had to re-route my globe shortcuts.

uptownnyc

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
I've got the non-mechanical MX Keys Mac keyboard. It's nice -- but the key-travel return is way too slow. Causes typing errors everyday. I always revert to the standard Mac keyboard.

Spindel

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2020
Can I adress the elephant in the room about an article recommending Logitech products that is that Logitech still, 2 years after release, have not made AS native software for their mouses (and web cameras) and their Intel versions of said software works poorly and need to be manually started for them to have any effect?

Mac centric sites articles should stop recommending Logitech producrs until logitech get their **** togheter or are people not interested in being able to assign the buttons on multi button mouses?

EDIT://Also apples A1243 keyboard is one of the best keyboards made and mechanical keyboards are horrible

• Love
Reactions: hxlover904 and Gudi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.