[Video] MBP Crazy screen !

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DRock3d, Jun 10, 2011.

1. DRock3d macrumors newbie

I have no idea why the screen does this, I've had the entire thing apart and the cable is fine. It is affected by movement of the screen but will sometimes start if the screen was moved or not. It's driving me crazy that I have to fight the screen at random times and I am still waiting on a refurb i7 13" to show up for sale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR9IJEAWJ50

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

I'm kinda confused by your post, but anyways it looks like a defective GPU chip or a cable is loose somewhere that's causing the screen to look like that.

3. DRock3d thread starter macrumors newbie

I apologize what part was confusion and maybe I can clear that up. There aren't any loose cables I took the screen off and made sure the cable was locked on correctly. I really hope it isn't a gpu because then I'm screwed but if it's affected by moving the screen it can't be the gpu can it?

4. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

But you said it also happens sometimes when you don't move it. So, if the cables are all tight and nothing seems broken, stripped, or frayed, then the only other thing I can think of would be a GPU issue. Do you still have time left on your warranty? Because that's definitely something that should be covered.

5. DRock3d thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope no warranty, it sucks so bad I hope somebody knows of a fix!

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

7. DRock3d thread starter macrumors newbie

Can this be replaced? Or is the cable attatched to the lcd permanently?

8. MacsOnAnabolics macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

Oh...man. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I would advise you to at least take it to an apple store and get an estimate.

Or look up online an Apple authorized repair center.