Video names / labels

Discussion in 'iPad' started by The-Pro, Nov 8, 2011.

1. The-Pro, Nov 8, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2011

The-Pro macrumors 65816

Good day gents,

So I synced videos to my iPad 2 with iOS 5 which all have a specific name. They are work related videos, which I need to show when I go to exhibitions and other companies. When I open the videos app for the first time it will show the names of the videos but then they disappear when the image (thumbnail I think its called) appears. Well the start of the videos is pretty much the same so I cant see any differences by that. I need to start playing every video to find the one I need. This is extremely and looks unprofessional.
    Is there a way I can get the videos app to display the labels / names of the videos constantly so I can just tap on the video I want to show and not go through them all. Is there some sort of list view of gesture I don't know about?

I don't have time to edit in a a title which will show up in the thumbnail to 40+ clips.

cheers

2. The-Pro thread starter macrumors 65816

Interesting, I just put another video onto the iPad. This video is landscape orientation while the others are portrait. The name of the video is under the thumbnail not like the others.

3. The-Pro thread starter macrumors 65816

4. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

why not just create a "season" for all of them, then they are combined and you will able to see/choose the video by its title. at least thats how I am able to watch Game of Thrones on my iPad.

5. The-Pro thread starter macrumors 65816

thanks for replying
    How can I do that though?? the videos are under movies btw, not tv shows if that matters.
    It seems to be that only videos in landscape format show titles / labels, portrait ones don't. I loaded 4 landscape videos and the all have a label. very portrait doesn't. Quite stupid

cheers

6. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

you will need to have the videos in iTunes. select all the videos -> right click -> video -> show/season

7. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Download AVPlayerHD. Geat thing about this app, besides the fact that it can play any video format, is that you can create folders on the ipad, move files around, rename and/or delete the videos, add subtitles, and if the files are relatively small you can add files via wifi. Large gb sized files would take forever, which is why i say relatively small sized files.

AVPlayerHD is the best way to do what you want.

8. The-Pro thread starter macrumors 65816

Ill try it out, cheers

looked at the app, i'm considering it. Thanks

I think its just a bug in the video app from apple. Landscape vids show label, portraits don't grrrrrrrrrr