Video Not Compatible

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Spyderturbo007, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Spyderturbo007 macrumors member

I'm trying to figure out why some of my encodes work properly, and others I can't sync to my iPad. I get the "File not compatible with this device" error message. Everything was encoded using the Normal Handbrake preset with some alterations to aq strength depending on the type of movie.

Here is the file information for one of the movies that refuses to sync. I was hoping someone might be able to spot the problem.

2. Meanee macrumors 6502a

Try iPad preset. Or pick up AV Player HD in app store, that will play any format you throw at it without conversion, and it has wireless upload, so you can load up videos without iTunes.

3. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I second AV Player HD. been using for 3 months now and I love it. No more conversion or my movies.

4. Spyderturbo007 thread starter macrumors member

I really wanted to stay away from the iPad preset since all my movies are also running through XBMC. I don't want to sacrifice quality, but there has to be some reason these are getting flagged when trying to sync.

5. Kupp macrumors regular

I third that. AV Player HD will play damn near anything, and at good quality too.

6. jobse macrumors newbie

jobse

I also have had the same problem

I also have had the same problem. Let me very bad. I'm waiting for your answer to solve

7. Spyderturbo007 thread starter macrumors member

That doesn't answer the original question of why the file doesn't work. No one can offer any insight?