Video not playing in "music" app.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yetanotherdave, Oct 6, 2007.

1. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

This is my biggest gripe with the touch so far.
    If you go into music, then podcasts, and play a video podcast, it just gives you the audio and an image placeholder. To actually watch a video podcast you have to go into videos.
    The same applies to music videos, yet they still show up in the music app.
    Has anyone found a work around for this. Ideally playing a video in the music section should lauch the movie player application, but a solution that makes videos not showin the music app would be a good temporary workaround till apple fix this glaring bug.

Other gripe, I want UK English, I can enable this, but I have to switch to it as an international keyboard each time I type something. And I can't disable "English" which seems to be US English. Dammit I spell coloUr with a U!

2. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

The first complaint has been the same in all previous iPods to date and is because some people might just want to listen to the audio of a video track without having to play the video which would obviously drain the battery. This comes in handy if you have purchased a music video, and not the same song. You want to listen to the song whilst the iPod is in your pocket - playing the video would be pointless.

I completely agree about number 2 though.

3. yetanotherdave thread starter macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

Ok, my last iPod was a photo, so I've never come accross this before.
    Dammit, another bug, cover flo ALWAYS displays all tracks on the iPod, not the tracks in the playlist you are listening to. That's annoying, and not what you expect from iTunes behaviour.