MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

As noted in our forums, YouTube user machineurs has posted a pair of videos (1, 2) showing most of yesterday's Final Cut Pro X sneak peek. The introduction took place at the Final Cut Pro User Group Network SuperMeet held in conjunction with the National Association of Broadcasters' NAB Show 2011 in Las Vegas.

While the videos are not the professionally-produced broadcasts created by Apple for its higher-profile media events, they are of fairly high quality with consistent views of the slides and action on stage and solid audio quality.

Final Cut Pro X is set to launch in June and will be available through the Mac App Store for $299. Information on new versions of the other applications in the Final Cut Studio suite will be released in the future.

Article Link: Video of Final Cut Pro X Introduction Now Available

Eriamjh1138@DAN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2007
BFE, MI
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Is $299 the upgrade price or the only price?

Comment

Lesser Evets

macrumors 68040
Jan 7, 2006
I'm watching these, but the audio is annoying. Some of the most important stuff is obliterated by the audience. Guess it's not so important: it's going to be obvious when the software is released.

Comment

Sep 17, 2007
I'm watching these, but the audio is annoying. Some of the most important stuff is obliterated by the audience. Guess it's not so important: it's going to be obvious when the software is released.

Can't hear a word above the audience orgasm.

Comment

Mac-key

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2010
Alabama
REALLY impressed with what I'm seeing... can't wait to hear about the other apps in the suite, especially color and motion

Comment

FuzzMunky

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
Who said this was a dumbed down edit suite and no longer for pros?
This looks AMAZING and solves dozens of the gripes that I deal with on a day to day basis.
Thank god that Apple aren't scared of naysayers and traditionalists like user 'Full of Win'!!!

Comment

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
I love how people keep asking questions in this thread that are clearly covered in the videos.

.....you know, the ones in the thread to which you're responding.

Comment

CdnBook

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2009
Looks awesome! Curious to know if the time remapping will include optical flow slow motion built in when stretching clips.

Comment

trunten

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2007
who said this was a dumbed down edit suite and no longer for pros?
This looks amazing and solves dozens of the gripes that i deal with on a day to day basis.
Thank god that apple aren't scared of naysayers and traditionalists like user 'full of win'!!!

+......................................1

Comment

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
Who said this was a dumbed down edit suite and no longer for pros?
This looks AMAZING and solves dozens of the gripes that I deal with on a day to day basis.
Thank god that Apple aren't scared of naysayers and traditionalists like user 'Full of Win'!!!

I know! I'm watching this and I can't imagine anyone would think this is iMovie Pro after watching both clips. Sample level accurate audio, rather than frame accurate, that's the devil in the detail stuff that people are missing and no iMovie user would ever care about. ^_^

I LOVE that pitch driven audio frame scrubbing. Beyond useful.

And I'd like to reiterate something he says in the demo

"Don't worry everything I'm doing can be driven from the keyboard."

Last edited:
Comment

shervieux

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2010
All I have to say is

WOW!:D

I bought FCE for $299 in 2008 when I got my macbook. I have had trouble mastering it. I would get a somewhat nice video after hours of editing, only to render and playback to a blue "Not Rendered" video taking up 2gb of my hard drive space. So I uninstalled it, and it has been sitting in my drawer. I also needed more features with an easier interface, so I end up doing some work in iMovie (HD6 and 11) and then bring it into Adobe Premiere Elements 9. I did not want to spend $1500 on a full blown editing software to render nice blue screens.

Looks like FC is going to have the ease of iMovie and Adobe Premiere elements, but be very advanced so I will not be spending hours and screaming because I messed up syncing..

Very nice price tag too....

*Oh, and the only reason I chose Adobe Premiere Elements 9, is because Adobe brought back some of the stuff they stripped out - and i was a heavy user of the older version when I was on Windows.

Very looking forward to the new FC. No more messing up syncing to squeeze in a shot or some audio.

Adding to my wish list...

Comment

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
wow! those changes look amazing and i know they'll save me time right off the bat. amazing, awesome. slick and common sense.

wow!

let's hope they make similar changes with compressor and dvd studio pro!

Comment

rimcrazy

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
I was very skeptical of this at first.....

... but after seeing these video presentations, serve me a plate of crow and I can't wait until June. This is very, very impressive. Still lots of questions, ie Color, Motion, hell lets throw in Shake while we are at it. I'm assuming there will be other apps in the family to show up but this is quite impressive to say in the least.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.