Video of iPhone 6 built-in microphone sensitivity to touc

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dave999z, Sep 20, 2014.

1. dave999z macrumors newbie

I noticed from the moment I made the first call on my iPhone 6 (and so did the person I called) that the microphone seems extremely sensitive if you even brush it with your finger. My iPhone 5 was not like this.

I made a video where I called my landline and put that phone on speaker, so you can hear how sensitive the mic is to just being touched:

http://youtu.be/l7cnDTlNKFg

Have other people noticed this? I wonder if it's just my unit, or this is true of all units.

2. conklaven macrumors regular

um... its a microphone...

What do you expect to happen?

3. antiprotest macrumors 65816

antiprotest

If you touch a microphone and it picks up the sound, it means the microphone is working.

4. dave999z thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! You guys are clever and hilarious. Way smarter than...

Anyway, try it compared to a 5 or 5S. It picks it up way stronger (and sounds really annoying) on the 6. On the 5, the sensor seemed to be recessed a fair amount beneath the housing, so when you brush your finger by it it barely made much noise at all. Now it's really loud and clips the signal. That's the difference I'm talking about.

Since you know how a microphone works, instead of a lame remark, why don't you make a useful comment on whether you find it to be any different than the 5.