Video of IPhone Google Streetview

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gilbert1020, Oct 25, 2008.

1. gilbert1020 macrumors regular

gilbert1020

2. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Wow, cool! The video was added a while ago though..weird.

3. Clyde099 macrumors regular

That's pretty strange.

4. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

its probably fake. that was more then 2 months ago and we did not see anything about it then on macrumors so....

5. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

I was thinking the same thing...didn't hear about it on MR until pretty recently actually.

6. equlizer macrumors regular

well it may just be me but what i saw is impossible. satellites dont take pictures or videos at that angle:rolleyes: The best your gunna get is eagle eye view and thats pushing it:apple:

7. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

8. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

They added Steve Jobs into it. Seriously! Look at this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BOb8zPzt2k&NR=1 :)

I sure hope it doesn't use the accelerometer. I'm getting sick and tired of having to tilt my phone all the time. And it's so annoying when I only tilt the phone slightly and I'm not intending to change the orientation of the screen but it changes! And when I'm laying down on my side and want to read a webpage ... forget it! Impossible. I hope they add an "orientation lock" switch on the next software update.

(oh, btw, there have been numerous news articles that hundreds of people have flashed the Google street view cameras, and they've had to hire a whole team to review the footage and edit that out before they post it ... but, some might get past their screening process. I just want the job of the guy that gets to drive that car! :D )

Article: http://gawker.com/5009185/girl-flashes-google-mapmakers-cameras
    [​IMG]

Google Street View Boob Flash.
    "Since the introduction of Google street view many people have been concerned about the privacy of those unfortunate bystanders caught on tape. Even though there are still many arguments to settle it was clearly established by courts that pictures of pedestrians and building exterior are not quite private. However it looks like Google will face stricter EU laws after its street view vans have been spotted in various European cities. In order to tackle this problem Google has been developing an automated face recognition and blurring system. However it seems like above all of these problems some individuals don’t actually mind being shown on Google street view. Not only that, some even play a new game called flash the Google van. (Might be somewhat NSFW) http://www.exposedseo.com/2008/05/17/google-street-view-boob-flash/

9. samiwas macrumors 65816

How interesting. That image is now "not available" on street view.

I also can't believe the amount of people being so excited over that picture. You can't see anything. It's not like she's got her shirt up over her head...the shirt is still covering the boob...what's the big deal?

Oh, and to the guy who said it's impossible...uhhh...have you never used Street Maps in Google? I see those kinds of posts all over the place saying an image is fake because satellites can't take that image. Jeez.

10. daisuke07 macrumors regular

Like someone said in the comments, it was actually a video. He did not even actually touch the screen I bet to zoom in.

And it was 2 months ago like already said.

11. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

case in point -- video isn't real. sorry :)

there's no way they will make you shake the phone to move forward and back... it will be touchscreen.