Video of my Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by elchico, Jan 23, 2011.

1. elchico macrumors newbie

Hello everybody,

I´am new in the community becaus i have some trouble with my macbook :(
    It was running all the years without any problems. But now it´s getting older and the problems are staring.

Becaus i don´t feel 100% save with my written english i thought i make a video which shows the problems i have :) to speak english it's easier for me.

I hope that you will be able to help me with that ;)

here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ifp4_7l6v4

Thanks in advance!

2. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

that is really sad :( i don't know if this helps but try to press option/alt-cmd-D all at the same time and see if your dock pops up. for the mouse try to activate the mouse click for the trackpad int the preferences if you can get there under system preferences->trackpad->the firs thing where you can confirm something (my mac is set to german so i cant explain it right, sorry)

3. elchico thread starter macrumors newbie

4. simsaladimbamba

The bar at the bottom is called the DOCK and can be set to automatically hide via System Preferences (Systemeinstellungen) > Dock >> Automatically hide and show the Dock, or via pressing CMD+OPTION/ALT+D.
    If that does not work, look into Activity Monitor (Aktivitätsanzeige) and look if there is even a process named "Dock" running.

Now to the mouse. Have you tried another mouse yet or tried the mouse with another Mac or computer (Windows, Linux) or another USB port on the MB?

Does the ENTER key feel, like there is something preventing it to be completely pressed down? (Maybe the left mouse button has some dirt underneath, which also prevents it from being clickable.)
    Have you taken a look at System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Full keyboard Access (on the bottom): ALL CONTROLS?

As to not being able to reinstall Mac OS X: Have you tried booting the MB while the DVD is inside and pressing and holding down the Option/Alt or C key immediately after the startup sound chimes?

5. elchico thread starter macrumors newbie

In the Systhem Dock is running..
    The mous is running every day on my Win computer, so i gess the mous works. The enterbutten works but not in all situation? in the video you see it hen i want to convirm the snow leopard .

I will try out the trick by booting with Alt or C

6. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

i would also say just boot your mac with the dvd inside it. by the way i don't think it will delete you files, if i'm not mistaking.

7. elchico thread starter macrumors newbie

it dosn t work :(
    the mac throws the cd out. dosn´t mater if with alt or c...
    And the enter key is working becaus i have to convirm the PW with enter and it works.

Video ist comming...

8. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

9. elchico, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011

elchico thread starter macrumors newbie

10. altecXP macrumors 65816

Try this:

1. Boot with NO cd and holding down the Option Key. You Should get a screen that just shows your MacBooks Hard drive.
    2.Put in the CD and it should show it as an option next to your Hard Disk after about 20 seconds.
    3. Click on the CD and you should be given the Snow Leopard Install.

11. elchico, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011

elchico thread starter macrumors newbie

tnx altec,

The first step works i get in to the Install part but now still problem nr 2

The enter key dosent work in this situation ...

edit: i got it don´t ask how .. ?! i will see how it works after the Installation

i am getting hope ^^

12. altecXP macrumors 65816

You should be able to get through with mouse clicks.

Also in case it hasn't been mentioned try holding Command+Option+P+R when you boot that resets the EFI. it may not help but its worth a shot.

13. elchico thread starter macrumors newbie

i installed snow L. new still the same problems...

i traied this Command+Option+P+R also no change.. :(

i will try it again...

14. altecXP macrumors 65816

Is the only remaining problem your Enter key and the touchpad button? They might just need to be replaced finally.

15. elchico thread starter macrumors newbie

... i am back

So what was going on yesterday... i had to studdy 4 exsms... beside i install all new

first. The enter button from the mous is broken :( the touchpad is still runny well.

sekend. After cleaning the HD, and installing the Systhem totally new the systhem was running perfekt, the Dock was poping up all right!
    (just the brokern Touchpad button, had to work with the mous)

After 1 h of using the old problems came back!!! AHHHHHHH :confused: :mad:

Now i don´t know what to do ... maby the hardware is .....up :(