Video of New Droix X screen going bad.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iWeldonJ, Jul 21, 2010.

1. iWeldonJ macrumors member

2. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

It's not getting much attention because it's NOT widespread.

3. samcraig macrumors P6

4. Vihzel macrumors 6502

5. Stay Tuned macrumors member

6. Stay Tuned macrumors member

Oh, and how novel, a company admits there is an issue and fixes the problem instead of spinning the problem to seem like it's normal, and giving away a free case to cover up the defect.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Probably because it didnt sell 3 million units and nowhere as popular as the iphone.
    Even little things when it comes to the iphone get blown up by the media to get attention and sell a story.

8. Vihzel macrumors 6502

Quick question: Are you able to exchange the iPhone 4 for another one by basis of saying that you have the antenna issue?

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

engadget

Its not widespread. Only 1 in 1,000 units have a defective screen or .1% of the units.

10. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

Considering Droid X has only been out for a week it remains to be seen how widespread the issue is. His phone didn't come out of the box with the problem, it revealed itself after a few days of use.

But VZW is replacing the phones so as long as the replacements work ok then it should be under control.

11. Vihzel macrumors 6502

"Verizon Wireless and Motorola are aware of a very small number of DROID X units that have experienced a flickering or banding display. Motorola has resolved the issue and is continuing to ship the phones. Any consumer who experiences a flickering or banding display should contact a Motorola customer support center or Verizon Wireless." - Engadget

Isn't that wonderful how fast they admit to the issue and resolve it?

12. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It's a breath of fresh air, and sure beats the old "you're holding it wrong" response :D

13. samcraig macrumors P6

Or "All Smartphones suffer from this issue. We just brought attention to it by making our screen bigger"

14. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

It's easy to fix when there are fewer than 200,000 phones out in the wild.

Not so easy with over 3 million phones.

15. SiskoKid macrumors 6502

It's funny that when Apple gives out statistics they're lying, but when Verizon gives out statistics they're accurate.

16. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I think the best Android phone out there right now is the Incredible, just sucks that it is on Verizon, but then again I have an i4 so why would I want the Incredible :rolleyes:

17. rookie1082 macrumors regular

I disagree.

The best, and most underrated phone out there (well, not "out there" anymore technically) is the Nexus. Not only is it STILL on par with all other phones hardware wise (screen size excluded), but the developer community adds so much to that phone in terms of software and OS enhancements its ridiculous.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

Ok - so let's not believe EITHER statistic. You know. In the interest of "fairness"

19. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The incredible is a Nexus with the exception that its running senseui, on the verizon network and its screen is slightly more accurate.

The Droid X, I think is the best phone out there. Its GPU is much better then anything that is out there, has more storage (8gb internal + 8gb SD card). It's screen is gorgeous and large enough that watching videos is great but its not too large to be an issue holding it.

I do think the N1 and incredible, are top tier phones, but the improvements the DX has, leap frogs both phones.

The downside? Moto has locked the phone down with an encrypted bootloader making it impossible to load a custom rom. The eFuse component will reject any non-moto signed Roms as well, forcing the phone into recovery mode until a proper rom is installed.

20. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

Epic fail. They've destroyed the one real big advantage to Android.

At least we can still jailbreak iOS.

21. SiskoKid macrumors 6502

Not sure why you're quoting fairness. As long as you're consistent with your opinion, at least it's somewhat respectable. It doesn't mean you're right (or wrong), but definitely somewhat respectable.

And I wasn't singling anyone out, just throwing that out there because it's weird that people jumped down Apple's throats about their stats being wrong (with no counter data of their own), but Verizon says it and no one questions it.

22. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I thought this was MacRumors, not DroidRumors. :confused:

23. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Lol. It would seem that Apple Fan-boys have decided to declare war on all other phones after Steve Jobs messed up his merchandise and tried to blame the laws of physics.

I guess they won't be happy until they bring other phones down to the iPhone's level

24. rookie1082 macrumors regular

Your downside is the exact reason why the Nexus is the top phone. Totally unlocked, optimized hardware.

25. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

That's what I'm thinking, too. Pathetic, isn't it? What's worse, the Apple sheep really seem to think that a 0.01% hardware failure rate is the same as a design flaw affecting 100% of all units. :rolleyes: