Video of Spaces on dual monitors???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AdiosVista, Sep 26, 2008.

1. AdiosVista macrumors 6502

I've searched all over and am shocked that I can't find a single video showing how spaces works with dual monitors. Can anyone point me in the right direction or take a video? I've seen the screenshots but I'm more concerned with seeing how the opened applications slide when using control + arrows. Thanks!

2. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

what exactly are you wanting to see? It is as is posted about spaces with dual monitors, both monitors are contained in one space.

I can pull up a ton of pics of it, I'm doing it now and it acts just as the pics show.

3. AdiosVista thread starter macrumors 6502

The only pictures I've been able to dig up through Google are screenshots of the little blue boxes you see when you click the spaces icon on the dock... I could care less about that, what I want to see is a video of someone with dual monitors shifting between apps using control + arrow keys. So a video of someone on leopard with dual monitors switching between spaces with apps open, that's what I'm looking for.

4. dual64bit macrumors 6502

I had spaces running on my 23 cinema and 20 cinema displays. It worked very well. No complaints. Left that job now though...

It works just as it would on 1 monitor, just across the displays showing the graphics from each monitor.

5. AdiosVista thread starter macrumors 6502

So say I have an app or window open on my left monitor and then I control + arrow to move to the space to the right, does that app move to my left monitor now or completely off the screen?

6. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Each "Space" is both monitors, meaning when you change, both screens change. Or move off the screens, they wont move from 1 screen to the next. It is treated like one long screen.

7. AdiosVista thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info.