Video on iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Wayne s, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Wayne s macrumors regular

I am thinking off getting a Touch mainly for the video playback, how does it compare to the original iPod with video. I know it has a bigger screen, but is the screen of good quality. Is the screen plastic as with the iPod with video or glass.

Not sure if i would use any of the other features on it, maybe surf the web.

Might be better for me to look at something other than Apple for this, any recommendations?

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

glass, and it looks deffinatly better because of the size

3. Wayne s thread starter macrumors regular

Glass is good, will not scratch so easy. +1 so far.

4. tonie macrumors 6502

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

What is the point of this post? I can certainly understand something like this in the marketplace, but it doesn't make any sense here. Why let everyone know you sent the OP a PM?

6. tonie macrumors 6502

Maybe because it's none of your business?

7. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502

Video on the touch is better because of the screen and the size. I have 5 full length movies that look great on the touch, I would suggest using Handbrake if you want to convert movies for the touch.

8. Mastershake0219 macrumors newbie

whats the point of this post, if you are gunna point fingers. If it doesnt directly affect you then maybe you should chill about it.

9. Wayne s thread starter macrumors regular

I only wanted advise, not to start a war of words. I answered the PM and its nothing to worry about.

Please, lets go back to the original questions.

10. Mastershake0219 macrumors newbie

to answer you question the video is awsome. Especially high quality videos. If i was you I would get one. I love mine and the extra features such as mail and ical are pretty cool too. ical is better if you have a mac to sync it with, but it is still awsome regardless. When I first saw the ipod touch i didnt think i would ever waste the money to get one (I got mine for free witht the back to school "special") but now I definatly would.

11. Wayne s thread starter macrumors regular

Change of plan, just ordered a 4 gig memory stick for £24.49 and am going to use my PSP instead. Would have loved a touch but could not justify spending that much at this time.

I will have one at some point, thanks for the advice.