Video out Cydia app and cable help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KidFresh, Feb 17, 2011.

1. KidFresh macrumors regular

I have an i4 and have some videos of which I watch with VLC media player and AVPlayer. I want now to watch these on my 42" HDTV.

Which third-party video-out cable should I buy? Which Cydia app?

I know it depends on the video file size but how good will the video output/sound quality on my HDTV be?

Any help appreciated.

2. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

As for cables - take your pick. There's a cheap ($2 or so) app called ReSupported4 in Cydia which will trick your phone in to accepting cables which are not 'Genuine Apple' branded. I actually bought the Apple cables but you can save a few bucks elsewhere if you want.

To output to tv - I use the free Cydia one TVOut2 - there's a paid one called DisplayOut which many people use as well. Quality isn't too bad all things considered.

3. windSurfer21 macrumors newbie

Like to guy above me said, Resupported4 for any cable to be used, DisplayOut to mirror images onto an external display.

4. Che Castro macrumors 603

Is the tv playback good quality in 720p?

5. mytran80 macrumors regular

Thanks so much tvout2 works great for my iPad 1 with the new hdmi av adapter , i thought I would have to buy the iPad 2 just to get the mirroring output to the big screen but not no more , with the tvout2 is here to save the day :)