Video Out from MacBook Pro Core Duo

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by pmworden, Sep 9, 2007.

1. pmworden macrumors newbie

Hello - this is my first post. I would like to cut down my cable service to digital basic w/o premium channels, retain my broadband and send internet content to a TV when I want to watch network shows that are often available now on the internet after the first night's broadcast, and probably rent movies more often. This would allow me to stop paying for the DVR and extra premium channels which we really don't use that much. I do purchase some video from iTunes also.

How do send internet content like this, on ABC.com for instance, out to a TV monitor to watch in my living room? I've looked at AppleTV and that looks like I'd have to download before watching which isn't possible from ABC.com and other networks, I've looked at Elgato's EyeTV stuff and really don't want to monkey around with recording a lot of data - I think other family members would find it really bothersome.

My goal is to be efficient on the cable and pay for what we use rather than everything, all the time. I'm willing to purchase whatever hardware I might need as I think the payoff would be best to do it this way in the long run.

Thanks for any ideas.

2. pmworden thread starter macrumors newbie

Clarification

Ideally I want to send internet content wirelessly to a TV that also can receive basic digital cable. Thought of adding a Mac Mini as the computer feeding signal to the TV. If this can only be done with a fixed connector, then a long one with the option of Mac -in or cable -in.