Video Out lead for iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by markfc, Jul 31, 2009.

1. markfc macrumors 6502a

markfc

I bought a cheap aux out lead for iPhone from eBay, so it has dock connector to audio left, audio right, video and usb for charging.

I used to use it for my 5g iPod Video.

I connect it to my iPhone 3G and TV and it works, I can watch the videos on the screen for about 10 seconds before telling me that "This accessory is not made for the 3G"

Then the video goes back to the iPhone. It obviously works, is this Apple disabling the cable cause I didn't buy it from Apple? Do they have authentication chips in them?

2. VilleDick macrumors newbie

Similar problem here. I bought the Apple brand composite cables for my 3Gs to play video on my TV. All Apple's inherent apps (YouTube, Safari, and the video camera) play just fine. But I really wanted it for 3rd party apps to display video on my tv. Most specifically MLB At Bat. Any ideas :confused:

3. markfc thread starter macrumors 6502a

markfc

I only wanted a cheap cable as I want to chop it up to wire to the cars stereo.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

IIRC you need to buy the video-out from Apple, anything else won't work. I'm also not sure that you can get anything besides audio/video from being displayed on a TV.