video out no longer working since 4.3.3 JB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by citivolus, Jun 3, 2011.

1. citivolus macrumors 6502a

I have the 3GS and the official Apple A/V Composite cable. When I was on 4.2.1 JB, the built-in video out capability worked fine playing movies when connected to my TV. Since upgrading to 4.3.3 and running the untethered JB with Pwnage, it no longer displays video on my TV, just plays audio. I've installed DisplayOut and that works, though the video quality is not as good as the original. Any ideas?

2. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

I'd say the culprit here is Apple.. Some features, such as video out, are turned on/ off during software updates... Not sure if it is because of deals with accessory makers(licensing) or oversight during programing? I have also had accessories stop showing video after software updates. Also as you've noticed they seem to be updating/ changing the OS every other month... One of the reasons my 3G and iP4 are still running 4.1. If they deliver incomplete updates, they keep you/ us looking forward to the next update to fix what was broken in the last one. Also known as the Apple "Cat and Mouse game." Are you running the connect straight to the device or thru a dock? If so try using the cable only? Also, I now have an HD TV and with the older Composite cables I only get a black and White picture...? I bought Apples $35 HMDI adapter and now get fell color and much clearer picture. Worth a try?

3. citivolus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, I am running the cable straight from the phone to the tv. My tv doesn't have VGA or HDMI so I have no other choice for cables. Also, the Displayout cydia hack works fine, so the cable and phone are ok, it just appears the 4.3.3 software update did something to prevent the video out from working. Does anyone else have this problem?

4. itpro123 macrumors newbie

Yes - I have the exact same problem. Sound and no video since 4.3.3JB.

5. citivolus thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks a lot for confirming I am not the only one! I wonder if it is the JB or the 4.3.3 firmware update that is causing the problem...I used PwnageTool 4.3.3.1 on my Mac.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

only way to find out 100% is restore Ios as new and see if you have the issue or search I sure there would be many repoting this jb or not. Dev-team does a vg job both finding and reporting issues,

7. citivolus thread starter macrumors 6502a

FWIW, I installed the TVOut2 hack from Cydia and video out now works with TVOut2 disabled!

8. oni823 macrumors newbie

how did you enable the video output with 4.3.3 exactly?

9. hidefguy macrumors 6502

are you using this?

[​IMG]

this is what i've been using and i'm on 4.3.3. with no issues.

10. citivolus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just as I stated....

BTW I am using the Apple composite video out cable.

11. undergroundHACK macrumors regular

For some reason my Display Out stopped working. I too installed the TVout2 from Cydia. My television was displaying the iPad upside down and I couldn't resolve it. But once I removed the tvout2 and restarted, Display Out works just fine now.