Video playback battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yg17, Mar 3, 2009.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Does anyone know how long the battery on an iPhone 3G will last for playing video, with the phone in flight mode and WiFi and Bluetooth off? The number on Apple's website is with WiFi on and flight mode off. Just curious to know if my battery will last me a majority of my flight (Frankfurt to Chicago) before I waste time putting some movies on it. Thanks

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

On a recent flight of mine, I watched Iron Man (126 mins), Harold & Kumar: Escape to Guantanamo Bay(107 mins), and 21(123 mins) and my battery was still more than 25% after roughly 6hrs of straight video playback using headphones on my iPhone 3G.

3. haddman macrumors regular

Well, seeing as that is probably at least an 8 hour flight, I would say that depends on how many movies you plan on watching. I would buy an external battery charger or booster, you can often buy them right at the airport for the iphone. Anyways, I would say if you use it to watch 2-3 movies, and the rest listening to music, you should be fine.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Be sure to set the screen brightness as low as you can use. That has a big impact. On an airplane you can probably set it around 15% - 20% and still see it just fine.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

If you can pickup one of those rechargeable batteries for the iPhone that really helps....:cool: