Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James83448

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2015
When I try and play certain video clips in Safari, the video playback is often delayed.

By this I mean, once I click Play, the video time will start and increase (indicating it's playing), but the sound and picture won't load. a few seconds later the sound will load, sometimes accompanied by the video. The video usually follows a few seconds later.

When I pause the video, it often continues playing for a second or so and then pauses. When I try to resume the video, I usually get the same delayed play that I get when starting the video.

The whole video playback problem I am having does not happen on websites that have their own video player (YouTube, Vimeo), but only seems to happen when the websites don't have their own playback player, and rely on what looks like QuckTime - websites like DailyMotion and the WWDC Keynote (http://p.events-delivery.apple.com.edgesuite.net/15pijbnaefvpoijbaefvpihb06/m3u8/hls_vod_mvp.m3u8).

Can anybody recommend a fix to this please?

James83448

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 4, 2015
Thanks very much for the reply.

Sorry for the late response, I was't aware that anybody had responded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.