Video Playback Quality

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Luna23, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Luna23 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I just moved over to the Mac side of the computer realm and got myself a Mac book Pro (which, by the way is brilliant so far) for film school. Anyways, I didn't know where to exactly post this as I'm brand new to the forums, but I'm having a problem with the quality of videos when I watch them on my MBP, essentially when the videos are minimized it's in great and crisp quality, but as soon as I go full screen it sort of loses it's sharpness and becomes a bit dull. This happens in QuickTime and I’ve tried switching to VLC but the same occurs. Is there anything I can do to up the quality when I’m in full screen mode?

P.S. I’ve already hit the “make videos higher quality” button in QuickTime. Thanks!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

If the video was meant to be played in the small window, then it will look bad fullscreen. There is nothing you can do about that.

3. LTX macrumors regular

LTX

Open one up in Quicktime and press Command-I to get info about the file. Beside Format, it will tell you the codec and the resolution. Small videos are not going to look good fullscreen, no matter what computer you use.