video playback

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sipols, Mar 23, 2011.

1. sipols macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am planing to buy ipad. but before i do, i have to know about its capabilities to play back videos. So wanted to know its capabilities to play back different type of video. SO what does one have to do to play back AVI or MKV format videos on ipad?

2. joesegh macrumors regular

from the Apple tech specs:
    You can use HandBrake to convert MKV files into H.264/mp4 for playback.

3. Faux Carnival macrumors 6502a

4. poloponies macrumors 68030

Conversion's the best option but you can also stream a wide range of formats from your computer using VLC or Air Video or use alternate players like CineX for avi files.

5. djkinetic macrumors member

I use a third party player to play files, I use BUZZ player HD it supports 3GP, AVI, ASF, FLV, MKV (Matroska), MOV (QuickTime), MP4, NUT, Ogg, OGM, RealMedia, Bink, WMV, XVID, DIVX. Also has sub and srt subtitle support, network streaming, and the best part is u can sync ur video files from iTunes without the need to convert them. It supports iOS 4.3 on the iPad 2

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/buzz-player-hd/id389744550?mt=8#

6. jaimeastin macrumors regular

I will have to try Buzz,

Currently I use Azule. It is nice and I am satified as I originally thought the only movie watching I would be doing would be from Netflix. Now that more of my movies are available, i will watch more more now.:D

7. sillyrabbitt macrumors 6502

just bought buzz it looks good so far the only thing i wish they had was a thumbnail view like the built in player has.