Video playlists in iOS 6?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Rogifan, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

is there the ability to create video playlists in iOS 6? On my iPhone 4S I had video playlists though I had go through the music app to access them. When I upgraded to the iPhone 5 all my playlists transferred over but the video playlists are empty. Is it possible to get them back? Also why aren't video playlists supported via the video app? To me being able to organize videos into playlists is a no brainier.

2. Baklava macrumors 6502a

Baklava

Wanted to post the same question here. I have a large video library shared over Home Sharing. All videos are just in one list and I'm tired of scrolling through it.

3. jkauff macrumors member

HD Player Pro has playlists. It's $3, but well worth it. It plays just about any video or audio format, and the videos look better than on the Apple player.

Assuming your videos are MP4, it will do hardware-accelerated playback, too.

4. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

Thanks I'll check this out. Wish Apple would add video playlists to iOS though. :mad:

5. Baklava macrumors 6502a

Baklava

They surely will. It is really strage why they removed that feature.

Thank you. Does it also support Home Sharing?

6. jkauff macrumors member

I don't know. I don't use it, and the documentation on the web site doesn't mention it.