Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fart Vader

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
Hi. I own a 5th generation iPod (60 GB) and I use it in conjunction with Windows Vista Business. I've never had any major problems with it but this one is giving me a hard time.

I think my problem started when I opened iTunes one day and it said it could not find my library anymore. I didn't have a back up so I had to re-imported all my stuff in (after I installed the latest version of iTunes; 9.someting...). I also re-subscribed to my regular 2 video podcast I like to watch. Both have downloaded a few shows on iTunes but only one syncs with iPod. I tried subsribing to more podcasts but still only that same one shows on the iPod.

They definitely are on iTunes because I can play them on the computer. I even found the location of a video file and tried to import it in the "videos" section of iTunes but it won't take it. It actually just makes a copy of it the "podcasts" section...

When my iPod is plugged in, I have the proper boxes selected "sync podcasts". All podcasts are listed there. I tried to change from sync all episodes to sync last so many episodes to sync all unwatched episiodes. Still nothing.

Last night I got tired of it and I restored my iPod. I re-synced and I'm still getting the same thing: only 1 podcasts gets to my iPod.

I'm stumped. The only thing I can think of is re-installing iTunes but since it's a pretty big job, I was hoping that someone could help me with some tips...

Thank you!

Oh... I almost forgot: My contacts are not syncing anymore since I restored my iPod...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.