Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PowerbookWiiPro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
So can I not watch video podcasts on my Iphone? All that I get to watch is some crazy album art that looks like it should be moving?!

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
My iPhone is working fine with Vidcasts. Make sure that you're going to the video tab and not the song tab, the Vidcasts are under the Video section.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
Not sure what your problem is... I subscribe to multiple video podcasts and they look great on my iPhone. Can you explain in more detail the problem you're having?

PowerbookWiiPro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Ok I've subscribed to a couple video casts. So to get them on my phone I go to the Podcast tab and select the ones I would like to sync. After syncing to play then on my phone I go to the podcast tab and play a video podcast and I get the sound but not video. There is just a picture that look like album art and I can flip it over and look at all the podcasts that belong to it but no video anywhere. I've looked in the Video syncing tab in Itunes and I can only choose what Tv Shows or movies I would like to sync. I don't understand

rhomsy

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2007
Your problem is that you are not going to the correct area. When you play a video podcast through the podcasts screen, it only plays the audio (which I find to be very odd behavior from a user POV). To watch the video podcast you must goto the "Videos" section. If you play it from there it will play the video. I'm not sure why Apple set it up that way. The first time I used it I thought something was wrong too.

PowerbookWiiPro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
And then minuets after posting, I figured out there were also podcasts under the video tab on the phone, went to it and they worked great. I just I was just thrown by the fact that you can listen to them and watch them. Thanks for all the help though guys, i feel like a tard for even asking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.