Video problem with bootcamp XP installation

Discussion in 'iMac' started by minras, Jul 12, 2008.

1. minras macrumors newbie

Hello,

maybe someone can help me to found where is a problem, because sometime I need windows xp for special apps and installed it via bootcamp.
    When working in windows after 1-2 hours screen colors washing out and looks like 256 color depth only reboot can help to solve that temporary :(.

My system is iMAC 24' 2,4Ghz C2D 4Gb RAM, ATI2600PRO 256MB VGA.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Mitnadev macrumors newbie

3. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

Firstly, you do not have a 2600 Pro, it's actually an underclocked 2600 xt (which is better).

That looks like a driver issue! Why don't you guys try installing the newest ATi Catalyst drivers (remember, it is a laptop video card, so you'll want the laptop drivers).

Drivers are here.

4. Mitnadev macrumors newbie

There is a special ATI driver for Windows XP via BootCamp. I am using Last version 8.43. Usual ATi driver for 2600XT dont work with XP(BootCamp).

5. Nevpaurion macrumors regular

I'm not gonna pretend to know exactly what's going on with that, maybe a video card drive like someone already suggested, but you might wanna also try re installing windows. I had a few problems with my xp partition through bootcamp the first time, and reinstalling it fixed them permanently.