Video Problems after dropping my Itouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Flyer1a, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Flyer1a macrumors newbie

Hey kids,
    I dropped my Itouch , about 3 feet, and now the monitor has gone white. If I squeeze the thing near the home button, and cycle it with the top button from from on to sleep and back, it will give me my video back, but as soon as I stop squeezing it, it goes white again. Any thoughts about this??? Ive had it open, and at first glance I could not see any problems,...is this a known problem, am I all done?

2. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

Uhhh... the known problem in this case would be you dropped your iPod touch. ;)

I don't really know how you would go about fixing it unless you can un-drop it.

3. Flyer1a thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess what I am asking is , is there a problem known where after dropping it the video ribbon cable comes loose , or some other connection comes loose,..is the a ground connection to the case that might brake free that just need to be re-secured......it will temporarily come back to life if I put pressure on the main board....

4. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

I was just being funny, I think you're right. The problem is, you're going to have to find the cable in order to fix it which might be hard to do. You did say you had it open right?

5. Vesuvio Cat macrumors regular

Assuming it's the current generation, I would take it to the Apple Store. 3 feet seems a little low for it to screw up the video capabilities. I wouldn't attempt to manually fix it, you'll probably just screw it up even more.

6. Flyer1a thread starter macrumors newbie

Its a 2G Itouch,....so the warranty is up,.....Yeah I had it open,....I didnt see anything out of order at first look,....they arent that hard to get open actually, you just have to be very gentle and finesse it....