Video Push Notifications?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by MrSoprano, Aug 22, 2012.

1. MrSoprano macrumors member

Is this a new feature announced in iOS 6 or have I missed something all together? When I checked my app updates today, ESPN is updated and one of the features is "support for video push notifications." Maybe it's just an ESPN thing, but found it interesting.

2. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

I saw that, but my first guess was push notifications when certain videos are available or something like, like programming notes. I'm not really sure why a feature like that would be kept out of the iOS keynote, especially since there are no such API's currently available if it were like MMS for push.

3. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

I would also like to know what this is about.

4. MoonlightSonata macrumors newbie

Video Push notifications? Sounds interesting. :)

5. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

See below:

6. kiwiboi87 macrumors 6502

could be something apple is keeping hidden till keynote, as a one more thing.

but if it is, dont see apple accepting a update now with it. its kind of letting the cat out early

7. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

I would be interested to see if this is something the new iPhone will support. If so, that's a big deal for me. I've been saying that ESPN needs to do something like this for years. In fact, in the very first keynote for the 1st iPhone. They demoed something like this, but it never came to be. Hopefully it's finally happening. Would be a welcome feature.