Video Quality For Iphone And Apple Tv

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by boogieman, Jul 23, 2007.

1. boogieman macrumors regular

This is driving me nuts on my iphone and apple tv. I used handbrake to "rip" movies I own to itunes to use on either my iphone or appletv. If I choose either ipod or apple tv in the presets then I cannot play the movie on the opposite. I.E if I rip Harry Pothead in apple tv preset I can sync it to my apple tv and watch it fine but it will not play on my ipod or iphone. Is their a univeral setting for both? Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

There is no "universal" setting for both unless you wish to have a lower quality and size on the :apple:TV.

The TV part does up to 720P

The iPhone is much smaller.

What I have done is rip twice with two settings.It Takes longer but makes my viewing more pleasant .

3. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

Its $24 and I hate paying for things, but I bought Visualhub, works awesome, and its real easy. Converts to ipod, apple tv, iphone, everything. I'm real happy with it. You can download the trial. Just google Visualhub.

4. boogieman thread starter macrumors regular

So this converts to just one format that will work on both? or am I stuck as the person above you said I would have to rip it twice.