video quality problems with canon xl2 with fcp

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by shaiblake, Jan 14, 2009.

1. shaiblake macrumors newbie

i have at new canon xl2 rec on 24p 16:9 screen but the quality is there but not the best still looking with white micro spot them i download to my quad g5 i trying to get small clips from the video to download on you tube them after i download them the quality is worst any sug,,,,please

2. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

Whenever you upload something to YouTube, the quality will be lost. This is because YouTube flash encodes all of the videos uploaded. Once you upload the video, it may be eligible for a high quality or HD option during viewing. There are pros and cons to all of these. HD takes forever to load on YouTube and often loses the sync with audio and video. High quality also takes long to load and isn't the quality of HD. Most people aren't going to sit at their computer staring at a webpage for 10 minutes to view a 1 minute video in HD. The good thing is that with either quality normal quality is still available for the viewer to select. Don't worry if your video doesn't have an HD or high quality option right away. It generally takes up to 24 hours for the option to appear, but allow 72 hours before contacting anyone about a problem.

As for the XL2 problem. What is the video look like when you import it? Is it below SD? At SD? And what do you mean about white micro spots?

David