video ram help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dhm118, Sep 23, 2007.

1. dhm118 macrumors newbie

ok so my brother and i got macbooks back in august. i got the 2.16 ghz core2 duo processor with 2 gb ram. im not much of a gamer, but i like to play Wolfenstein Enemy Territory from time to time. so when i fired ET up, i was getting like 10 fps...wtf. this is a much faster and more up to date computer than my old windows notebook (1.2 ghz core duo 1.5gb ram -- got ~40-60 fps...et isnt very demanding). is there any way to turn up my video ram?

TIA

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The GMA950 video processor is not really suited to games. As far as the video RAM goes, the OS will dole it out as needed.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303407

3. Flobber88 macrumors regular

Could try playing it in Windows through Bootcamp. I've seen games FPS increase on the windows side of things...

4. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

Not by that much sadly, its still intergrated video, and will still run far slower than a discrete graphics card.

5. dhm118 thread starter macrumors newbie

o and i have the 2.16 ghz version...why am i getting this when i want to play sims 2?

[​IMG]

6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

You are running a PPC game on an Intel machine so you are running under Rosetta. It won't report the correct specs as regards the CPU speed to the Aspyr software. You really need to get a Universal version or a Windows version.

7. dhm118 thread starter macrumors newbie

well i dont have a copy of windows just lying around...and i dont want to pay for the license for windows...i bought a mac.