Video recording app (app store)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaSal, Jul 20, 2008.

1. DaSal macrumors regular

Hey, I'm getting my iPhone in a few weeks, and I was wondering, what's the chances of seeing an app that lets you record videos in the app store? Is this allowed by the SDK? Cause as amazing as the iPhone sounds, I use the video recording option on my current phone a LOT and it would be sorely missed.:)

2. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Have you seen the iPhone's screen with the camera app open? It would be horrid for videos, any kind of motion at all makes the image extremely blurry. In any case, the official SDK doesn't allow for anything more than telling the camera to take a picture, nothing low enough level to create a video.

3. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

What the hell is wrong with you.

Your misleading subject is extremely irritating.

You couldn't have wrote "Will there be a video recording app?" instead of what you wrote?

Mods delete this thread.

4. 03sho macrumors 6502a

Title=Misleading.

I doubt there will be an app for video recording.

5. jakeacc macrumors regular

It's technically possible for the iPhone to use it's built-in camera to record video. (even the last generation iPhone was able to do this once you jailbroke your phone) I've never heard anything in the SDK terms of use agreement saying that developers AREN'T allowed to make video recording Apps. Apple could still reject submissions if they deem necessary. (they may feel that video recording with the camera could make the iPhone too unstable, too much battery consumption, etc)

You should find out who created the video app for the 1st gen iPhone and see if they are planning on legally releasing a version for the App Store.

Watch this video:
    http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/iphone-v...ording-now-working-with-drunknbass-333346.php

And this video:
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/13/iphone-gets-video-recording-capabilities/

6. Krustey macrumors newbie

Dang. Seemed like a legitimate question to me.

Plus, i didn't know the answer to it, and now i do. I feel smarter.

7. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

Video recording app (app store)

That looks like a question to you?

8. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

Agree with you, didn't know the answer to the question that was in the message. Some people need to take a chill pill now and again and remember its only a forum.

9. Krustey macrumors newbie

Nope, looks like a title.

10. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Well, take your time. Once you decide what it is, get back to us.

12. dr2323 macrumors member

talk about over reacting.

13. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Don't get your panties in a bunch there... Its ok, just back away from the keyboard and relax. No need to freak out there champ.

14. kjs862 macrumors 65816

kjs862

15. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

Its gonna happen and soon...its just all about getting it approved for the apple store...but now since you can jailbreak any iphone including the 3G...all kinds of video apps will show up on the net. The hackers say they might be able to get up to 45 FPS!!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/13/iphone-gets-video-recording-capabilities/
    From Engadget:
    "Thanks to another set of ambitious iPhone hackers, we've officially got video on Apple's wonder-device (that somehow omitted video to begin with). It's not much right now, but if you want, you can see your phone recording five succulent seconds of real-deal video at around 15 FPS. The developers say this is just a proof of concept, and they've been able to get up to 45 FPS on the device -- so hopefully we can expect a more robust version soon (like, say, one that lets you save the recording). Check the video after the break to see the gorgeous work in action."

16. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

It's not called freaking out. I am just trying to help these boards be something other than teenagers making wasteful and misleading THREADS.

If I posted "Video recorder available" as the title, and then in the post it said "When do you think it will be?" You're telling me thats okay?

Seriously, these iphone forums are pretty retarded sometimes. Myself included.

17. wonderbread57 macrumors 6502

The thread title looked promising but was no more an assertion than a question so it's fairly neutral like most thread titles..

like this related thread: Video recording on iPhone camera

18. SIUGRAD99 macrumors regular

It is exactly called "freaking out" This forum is full of guys trying to jump all over newbies every chance they get. Give the guy a break and maybe get yourself some action to relax a bit.

19. jakeacc macrumors regular

Wow, I can't believe you guys are still talking about the title of this thread. There is no rule saying title threads need to be either statements OR questions.

Thread titles should be topics, and the original poster did just that.

Anyways, does anyone want to actually DISCUSS video recording on the iPhone 3G or shall we complain some more?

20. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Yeah, let's blame the teens.

21. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

every video I've ever seen made on a cell phone looks like big juicy slow motion fart.

22. WishIWasHere macrumors regular

Jumping on some guy because the title of his thread didn't suit you? Geez, have you guys ever even SEEN a naked woman?

23. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Your example is even close to what the OP did, just because your lame ass thought the title suggested an app was out doesn't mean everyone else did. Get a girlfriend bro, it will probably help.

24. DaSal thread starter macrumors regular

Ok... It's a sore subject then... Excuse me...:eek:

I guess the general consensus is that it's not going to happen then, that sucks, too bad really. Maybe we'll see the hacker guy make an app. Hope so.:)

25. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

To change the mood, as it's a thread area that is worthy of discussion:

Qik and kyte are both to my knowledge working on it.

Qik already has an internal developer version running, with video demo on the site to show it works. I'd imagine they're waiting to either get it working, approval and get it signed off for the app store, or waiting to see if they can get it out for unlocked etc iPhones.

Apple will make a move soon enough.