Video Recording on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JSMencer, Mar 22, 2008.

1. JSMencer macrumors regular

ok this really bothered me. I went to see "Never Back Down" and they were recording video from what it looked like on iPhones, and they were pulling up video on web pages on the iPhone. Did anyone notice this?

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

No, but in Independence Day, somehow Jeff Goldblum uses a Mac to send a virus to an alien ship. Quite amazingly impossible, but we all bought it since, um, there were aliens everywhere and Cousin Eddie saved the day (putting the "fiction" in "science fiction).

3. chrisgohcs macrumors member

chrisgohcs

video recording is possible on iphone. wads wrong? you need a third party application for that.

4. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I love the fact to hide from the aliens on the mother ship, Jeff Goldblum simply hides behind the seats.

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Seeing as the next version of the iPhone is very likely to have video recording capabilities (and what with the US finally getting round to 3G, it might join the rest of the 3G work with front facing cam phones).

Jobs did talk about giving something along the lines of "lots of great apps and stuff!" in a drip feed manner. The app store does some of this, but seeing as the cam on the iPhone is capable of doing video, isn't there the possibility Jobs will turn this capability on come June 9th?

6. poorbusker macrumors member

they are diffinetly saving video recording for the iphone until the next hardware version is released.

7. halofan0005 macrumors newbie

halofan0005

i know exactly what you mean

i went to go see never back down the other day, man it was like a movie advertisement for iphone, and my girlfriend who i was with kept asking, i thought you couldn't record on the iphone, and i was like I know!! its bull....

8. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

i thought it was interesting that there was no video recording API when they launched the SDK.... but there was audio recording, audio playback, audio mixing, and video playback ...